Can I keep my wireless number if I move to a different city?
You can keep your wireless number when moving to a new town or city in Canada.
Will I need to get a new mobile phone and rate plan when I transfer my number to Bell?
You’ll need a Bell Mobility rate plan and you can choose from our lineup of the latest mobile phones, or keep your current phone and select a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) plan.
Will my voicemail and other calling features keep working when I transfer my number to Bell?
No. Only the phone number gets transferred to Bell. Features you had with your previous service provider will be
disconnected. When you transfer your phone number, ask about features that will let you make the most of your new service.
Can I transfer my number if I have a contract with my current service provider?
Yes, you can transfer your number at any time. Check the details of your current service to understand any charges you may be responsible for when you cancel, such as cancellation fees and outstanding balances
Is there a charge to transfer my number to Bell?
No, there are no additional fees to transfer your number to Bell, but you are responsible for any contractual
obligation with your previous service provider.
How do I transfer my phone number to Bell?
To switch your wireless number over to Bell, please go to bell.ca/numbertransfer, visit a Bell store or call us at
1 800 667-0123.
Before starting the wireless number transfer, please ensure that:
- You have your old SIM card in a phone that is powered on and nearby, as you’ll be asked to verify your transfer
request by text message (SMS).
- The number you intend to transfer is active (please do not cancel your account with your previous service
provider, as it will be automatically cancelled once the number transfer is complete).
- You have the number that you wish to transfer to Bell, along with one of the following from your previous service
provider: device IMEI, account number, PIN for account number.
How long does it take to transfer my number?
- Wireless number transfers can be completed within two hours of receiving your SIM and/or device.
- Home phone-to-wireless transfers take a minimum of two business days.