In August 2021, Google released an update to their app that prevented certain LG devices, across all carriers in Canada, from making and receiving calls, also impacting 9-1-1 calls.
LG G7, LG V35, LG V40, LG Q70, LG L-03K
As of August 30, 2021, there is a new update available to resolve this issue. Please ensure you have the latest version of the Google application installed on your device.
To check the version of the app:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps and notifications.
- Select the Google app.
- Scroll to the bottom and check your application version under Advanced.
- Scroll to the bottom and check your version.
- If you are not on version 126.96.36.199 or higher, please update the app to resume phone service.
How to update the app:
- Open the Google Play store.
- Enter "Google Search" in the search field.
- Select the Google app by Google LLC.
- Select Update.